Vocamus Press is always looking for submissions, but there are some things you should know before you get in touch.
- We only work with Guelph and area authors. If you don't currently reside in Wellington County, we're not the press for you.
- We prefer to work with people we already know through our community. Come on out to the events run by our Friends of Vocamus Press non-profit arm, submit a poem to the annual Rhapsody anthology, or email us to arrange coffee some time. That's your best way to get started.
- We only publish poetry and literary fiction. If you write other stuff, our Friends of Vocamus Press non-profit arm is happy to sit down and talk about options for your book. We can put you in touch with other local publishers, help you write a query letter, even get you started with self-publishing, but we're not interested in publishing it ourselves.
- We only do a couple of books a year. By a couple, we literally mean two, one in the spring and one in the fall. That's it. So don't be too disappointed if your book isn't selected.
- We only accept electronic submissions. Make sure you send your manuscript in a nice clear font and saved as a .docx file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Be sure to include a cover page. We like to know about our authors, so let us know a bit about you, your publishing history, your book, and whatever else you think might interest us.
- Please be patient. We're a small press, so it may take us some time to get to your book. We will reply though, we promise.