Happy almost New Year all you locked down literature lovers! There are still a few things going on in literary Guelph despite the restrictions, so here's the return of our bullet-point newsletter.
- The Vocamus Writers Community Genre Fiction Group will meet online on Sunday January 10, 2:00 PM. Guelph author Terry Thomas will be discussing genre vs. literary books. Email [email protected] to receive the Zoom link.
- The Canadian Freelance Guild hosts a “Pitching NOT Bitching” webinar with Guelph-based lifestyle writer, Melody Wren, during its virtual monthly meeting on Tuesday, January 12, 7:00 PM. Registration required – https://canadianfreelanceguild.ca/en/calendar-2/
- Guelph writer Melinda is offering two online writing courses – a Winter Writers Group running Wednesdays from January 13 to February 9 ($40); and Memoir Writers Group running from January 22 to February 18, 2021 ($40). Email [email protected] for information.
- Vocamus Writers Community posted poetry by Kathryn Edgecomb. Find it on our website – https://vocamus.net/community/writings.
- Vocamus Writers Community also released our annual support package to thank our 2020 donors. We appreciate their continued support despite all the challenges of covid. Even more than before, we couldn't do it without them. Check out all the cool ebooks they got here – https://vocamus.net/community/blog/vwc-donors-support-package-released
Let us know if we’ve missed anything, and we’ll post it through our media and in our calendar. If you’re planning something for next month, let us know that too, and we’ll include it in the next newsletter.